Friday, February 15

Little Liberties

They talked. They paired up, tripled up. They moved around the room, lay on the rug. It made me so nervous, but I bit my tongue. I kept feeling like we were on the brink of chaos... but, no. They were comfortable & so they acted as such, chatting, roaming, collaborating students, working on the assignment I gave them. One small step for them, a giant leap for Ms. B.

Now: Nine days of me-time. So much planned, but if anyone asks me what I'm up to, the answer will be "Nothing at all. Just the way I like it."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations. teaching success is all about small victories and lessons learned.

enjoy your break and get some rest.

p.s. do you know about this organization?
http://teachersunite.net/

ahnka said...

Thanks.
I knew about teachersunite.com but not .net. Very different... both useful.