Monday, January 15

Alice



The radio said: She passed away on Friday. Scott confirmed it yesterday.


Initially, all I could say and feel was "No, no, no, no, no."

I've never felt music this way. The first time is still clear. Sitting on the floor in a friend's dorm room, being handed the record sleeve at the same moment I first heard that harp. Sounds that opened me and have made me weep. Over the years, I turned to her music to bring my mind away from window ledges and edges of subway platforms, back to the ground.

These words don't even matter.
I think there are only two people that really understand it - how this woman managed to save my life, enabled me to forgive and reconnected me with God, made me feel God, with music. Divine.

There is much to be thankful for. But right now all I can do is cry hard. I am going to miss her so, so much.

No comments: