Thursday, March 1

March is for the MUSIC!


Every year I can't help but get giddy about Winter Music Conference. Even though it has become a beast, more about generating money and social networking than about spreading the love for music, it still changes the face of downtown Miami/South Beach for a week. Last year, I tried to do too many things at once, and ended up having a bad time. Lopes & I decided to just go at it alone this year. And I don't mind rolling solo to certain parties. The goal is to hear as much music for free and deal with as few assholes as possible, while also drinking lots of mojitos and snacking on conch fritters on the beach. The conference always brings out my inner child - akin to this little girl in this photo. I can't remember where I first saw this picture (Vice magazine?) but I've had it as my wallpaper forever.

No comments: