Saturday, January 12

Protecting Hand

I wanted to buy myself something nice today. Something I could wear all the time, simple and pretty. No jeans, no heels, no vintage jacket or great hat. So I finally let myself go to Satya. I bought a necklace. It felt good when I tried it on in the store. It's a simple pendant, a hamsa, which is very much like Abhaya Mudrā, but it's representation of a "protecting hand" resonates loudly with me these days.

Gold Hamsa Necklace
A little more fearlessness, a little more faith...

2 comments:

jb said...

pretty. reminds me that i need to get an amulet of some sort in the 08. also curious as to what you think of junot's long awaited novel. it started off brilliantly but devolved. i hate it and can't force myself to read the last 20 pages.

ahnka said...

jb,

I haven't started Junot's book yet. I'm still reading Half A Yellow Sun. What you said about it devolving is pretty much in line with the other comments I've heard about it so far. Which is so disappointing, even though I've never *loved* his work. I'll see how it goes...