Monday, March 31

Do I stay? Do I go?

My job, Brooklyn, the dance party Saturday night, the gynecologist.
The question seemed to apply to almost everything today. I know it's just because I'm overwhelmed by work. Not too long ago, whenever I had a fight or flight situation, I had the luxury of taking the easy way out. I swear grad school and this job are conspiring against me, trying to drown me in paperwork and presentations.

June 28th...
Soon come.
Right?

On the upside...

K. He's just amazing. He's *it*, don't know how else to say it. He's my complement. Who we are now puts to shame who we were before.
Me. I'm (very, very) slowly shedding the worry over what (any) other people might think about how I look, how I sound, how I do.
Warmth. Thank you springtime for asserting yourself the past few days. I've got my windows open & I'm loving this breeze.
April. It's poetry month. I'm excited. And Spring Break will be here before I know it. I'm doing some decorating. I've selected the colors for my bedroom (something similar Benjamin Moore's Bayberry) & living room (something like Benjamin Moore's Sparkling Sun), and a wall decal (yes, I'm finally a fan of them thanks to etsy) for my bedroom as well.

1 comment:

GirlGriot said...

Oh, don't I know that fight or flight thing? Especially right now when all the grant proposals are coming do ... and all I want is to do is take a leave of absence from work and unpack my apartment (finally!).

But it sounds as if you've got a healthy serving of the good going on with you right now. Drink it in!

(and yes: June 28th soon come!)